Testing and Certification for Food Safety
(5 March 2019)
The Council, Hong Kong Accreditation Service and the Food Safety and Technology Research Centre of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University co-organised the Seminar on Testing and Certification for Food Safety. (Programme)
Nowadays, consumers are very vigilant about food safety and quality. To protect public health, the Government, food suppliers and catering establishments all play an important role in ensuring food sold in Hong Kong is safe and fit for consumption. The testing and certification (T&C) sector also serves as a gatekeeper, helping the food trade in ensuring their hygiene standards and meeting local regulations. It also helps the catering industry in enhancing consumers' confidence over food safety and hygiene through food certification.
Local research institutes have also paid much efforts in safeguarding food safety through developing food technology. Through collaboration amongst the food trade, T&C sector and research institutes, the ever increasing public demand for safer, higher quality food products could be better met by applying these cutting-edge technologies.
This seminar introduced to the audience latest development in food safety technology and regulation.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Assuring Food Safety and Hygiene through Certification (Presentation(Chinese Only))
- Sharing of Implementation of Food Hygiene System in MICE venue (Presentation)
- New Development in Food Technology (Presentation)
- Update on the Regulation of Metallic Contamination in Food in Hong Kong (Presentation)
- Development work related to the Food Adulteration (Metallic Contamination) (Amendment) Regulation 2018 (Presentation)