Latest Development of Certification
(7 January 2019)
The Council and Hong Kong Accreditation Service co-organised the Seminar on Latest Development of Certification. (Programme)
In today's competitive global economy, companies and organisations have to explore different ways to stand out in the crowd. Certification is an effective tool to show one's competence. It helps companies and organisations demonstrate their commitment to delivering consistent quality service and products that meet customers' expectations, and assure compliance of their systems and products with international standards. It enhances and reinforces customers' confidence as well as adds credibility. In light of the benefits brought about by certification, some government departments and organisations even make certification a contractual requirement for tenders.
This seminar aimed to introduce the latest development of certification including the newly developed ISO 45001 Occupational and Safety Management Systems Certification and updated versions of different management system certification released by International Organisation for Standardardization (ISO) such as ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System Certification. Speakers shared their experience in making use of certification service to accomplish their objectives.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Introduction to the requirements of ISO 45001 and its main difference with OHS 18001
- Latest Development of Certification on the Environmental Front (Presentation)
- Certification Requirements for Works Contracts - Hong Kong Housing Authority's Experience (Presentation)
- Challenges in Obtaining ISO 45001 Certification (Presentation (Chinese Only))
- Personnel Certification - International Standard for Competence of a Qualified Auditor (Presentation)