Support to the Testing and Certification Industry
(16 November 2017)
The Council and the Hong Kong Accreditation Service co-organised the Seminar on "Support to the Testing and Certification Industry". (Flyer)
Testing and certification is an industry where Hong Kong enjoys clear advantages. To support the industry for further development, different Government departments, public bodies and education institutions have been implementing various schemes and measures to enhance the competitiveness of the industry.
The seminar aimed to introduce these schemes and measures to practitioners and stakeholders of the testing and certification industry. Representatives from Government departments spoke on the various funding schemes that provided support to the industry, especially small and medium enterprises. The Hong Kong Export Credit Insurance Corporation talked about its Testing and Inspection Services Policy. Two post-secondary institutions shared their experience in training and attracting talents, and introduced how the academia and the trade could work together for manpower development of the industry.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Government Funding Support for Research and Development in the Testing and Certification Industry (Presentation)
- Trade and Industry Department's Support Measures for SMEs (Presentation (Chinese Only))
- Testing and Inspection Services Policy, Tailor-made for the Industry
- Continuing Training and Professional Development for Manpower of the Testing and Certification Industry (Presentation)
- Training for Manpower Needs of Testing and Certification Industry - Earn and Learn Scheme