The World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) Forum 2017
(6 June 2017)
The Council, Hong Kong Accreditation Service, the Standards and Calibration Laboratory and the Product Standards Information Bureau under the Innovation and Technology Commission as well as the Government Laboratory co-organised the World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) Forum 2017. (Flyer)
Quality infrastructure is the totality of the institutional framework that establishes and implements standardisation, metrology, accreditation and conformity assessment services. It supports the effective functioning of a society through enhancing confidence in goods and services, fostering innovation and competitiveness, improving the quality of life, as well as facilitating communication between different parties. A sound quality infrastructure is the cornerstone of a smart, modern city.
This forum, organised in celebration of the World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD), introduced to participants various aspects and benefits of the quality infrastructure.
Topics of the forum include:
- Role of Metrology for Safe and Reliable Transport
- Accreditation in Supporting the Built Environment
- Standards Making Cities Smarter – Recent Initiatives
- Third-party Certification and Testing: the Hong Kong Housing Authority's Experience
- Chemical Metrology in Supporting Renewable Fuel
- Metrology Supports Modern Transport