Support to SME from Testing and Certification
(19 January 2017)
The Council and the Hong Kong Accreditation Service co-organised the Seminar on Support to SME from Testing and Certification. (Flyer)
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are an important pillar of Hong Kong's economy. They form the majority of enterprises in Hong Kong and employ half of the private-sector workforce. It would be beneficial to the whole economy if SMEs are able to enhance their global competitiveness through using testing and certification (T&C) services.
For decades, the local T&C industry has been supporting the manufacturing, export and other sectors in Hong Kong. It enjoys good international reputation and testing reports and certificates issued in Hong Kong are hallmark of excellence. The T&C industry provides quality assurance and helps our SMEs to comply with different international standards and regulations, thus minimising the chance of recalls, returns and complaints, which all would ultimately translate to new business opportunities. Apart from testing, the industry also provides a wide range of management system certification service to help the SMEs to enhance their management and service quality.
In this seminar, different T&C bodies and Hong Kong Accreditation Service introduced T&C services and their benefits, and shared how to select a reliable T&C service. Various support being provided to the SMEs such as the Technology Voucher Programme, and the testing facilities for shared use were introduced. We also invited SMEs to share their experience in using T&C service, deepening participants' understanding about the topics.
Topics of the seminar include:
- How Product Testing Services Help You? (Presentation)
- Manage Challenges and Grasp Business Opportunity
- How to Select Reliable Testing and Certification Services (Presentation)
- "Certificate" – a Growth Stimulator of Commerce (Presentation (Chinese Only))
- Experience Sharing on Using Testing and Certification Service in Business
- Technology Voucher Programme
- "Lab Test One" – A Platform for Shared-Use of Public Testing Facilities to Benefit SMEs in Hong Kong