Integrity Management in Testing and Certification Industry
(27 June 2016)
The Council, the Hong Kong Accreditation Service and the Independent Commission Against Corruption co-organised the Seminar on Integrity Management in Testing and Certification Industry. (Programme)
One of the key strengths of the testing and certification industry in Hong Kong is its high level of credibility, which gives confidence to users and consumers. A single incident of malpractice, conflict of interest or corruption could ruin a hard-earned business, or even reputation and competitiveness of the whole industry.
The seminar brought together experts from ICAC, the testing and certification industry as well as professional bodies to share experiences and information about integrity management in the testing and certification industry from different perspectives and how good practices could add values to enhance the credibility of a service provider. Participants took this opportunity to exchange views on integrity management with speakers.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Professional Integrity and Corruption Prevention (Presentation)
- Integrity Management of Conformity Assessment Bodies (Presentation)
- Effort in Maintaining and Enhancing Integrity in Construction Material Laboratory
- Development of Professional Integrity in the Testing and Certification Industry (Presentation)
- Professionalism of Auditor – Core Element of Testing and Certification Industry
- HKAS Requirements for Professional Integrity of Accredited Organisations (Presentation)