The World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) 2016
(8 June 2016)
The Council, Hong Kong Accreditation Service, the Standards and Calibration Laboratory and the Product Standards Information Bureau under the Innovation and Technology Commission as well as the Government Laboratory co-organised the Seminar on the World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) 2016. (Programme)
Quality infrastructure is essential for the effective and efficient functioning of our society. A sound quality infrastructure enhances confidence in goods and services, fosters innovation and competitiveness, and connects people around the world. The strengthening of the quality infrastructure is always an important objective for the success of a community.
This seminar, organised in celebration of the World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD), aimed at providing participants with a deeper understanding on how metrology, accreditation and standards play a pivotal role in supporting the quality infrastructure.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Metrology in a Dynamic World
- Accredited Once, Accepted Everywhere: A Status Report
- Why IEC International Standards Can Be Counted On
- A Young Metrology Institute in a Dynamic City
- Our Experience in Applying Accreditation as a Tool to Achieve Environmental Objectives
- Laboratory Capacity Building Through the Use of Metrologically Traceable Reference Values in Proficiency Testing Programmes