Chinese Medicines Testing and Certification
(1 March 2016)
The Council and the Hong Kong Accreditation Service co-organised the Seminar on Chinese Medicines Testing and Certification. (Programme)
Given Hong Kong's proximity to Mainland and its long history as a major trading hub in the region, Hong Kong has played an important role in Chinese medicines trading. Traditional Chinese medicine has been increasing its popularity amongst local population. Many citizens would consult Chinese medicine practitioners and use Chinese medicines.
To ensure that the Chinese medicines sold in Hong Kong are genuine, safe and with good quality, testing and certification is an important means. The seminar aimed to update participants the latest development of Hong Kong Chinese Materia Medica Standards and testing and certification services for Chinese medicines, and to share benefit to the trade through testing and certification.
Topics of the seminar include:
- The Latest Development of Hong Kong Chinese Materia Medica Standards
- Enhancing the safety of Chinese medicines - Analysis of pesticide residues
- Certification Scheme for Chinese Medicines
- Testing services for Chinese Medicines
- Benefits of Chinese Medicines testing and certification
- Accreditation Services for Chinese Medicines Testing and Certification