Mainland Opportunities for Hong Kong's Testing and Certification Industry
(26 June 2015)
The Council, the Hong Kong Accreditation Service and the Trade and Industry Department co-organised the Seminar on Mainland Opportunities for Hong Kong's Testing and Certification Industry. (Programme)
The huge market of Mainland provides plenty opportunities to Hong Kong's testing and certification industry.
To enhance the local testing and certification industry's knowledge on the Mainland market, representatives from the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People's Republic of China updated the participants on the implementation details of relevant liberalisation measures, and discussed the future direction of testing and certification industry in Mainland. Representatives from a Mainland certification body and the Hong Kong Accreditation Service also delivered relevant presentations at the seminar, so as to familiarise the audience with the topic.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Future Direction of Testing and Certification Industry in Mainland
- Discussion on the Articles Relating to Certification and Accreditation in the Agreement between the Mainland and Hong Kong on Achieving Basic Liberalisation of Trade in Services in Guangdong
- Discussion on the Article on the Movement of Natural Persons under Supplement X to the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA)
- Cooperation between Designated Mainland Certification Body and Hong Kong Testing Organisation under the Agreement between the Mainland and Hong Kong on Achieving Basic Liberalisation of Trade in Services in Guangdong and Voluntary Certification
- Obtaining Accreditation under CEPA Measures