The World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) 2015
(29 May 2015)
The Council, Hong Kong Accreditation Service, the Standards and Calibration Laboratory and the Product Standards Information Bureau under the Innovation and Technology Commission as well as the Government Laboratory co-organised the Seminar on the World Metrology Day (WMD), World Accreditation Day (WAD) and World Standards Day (WSD) 2015. (Flyer)
The Year 2015 is the International Year of Light. The metrology side of the seminar discussed the accurate measurement of light through photometry, radiometry and photonics. As for accreditation, the focus was on enhancing assurance of service quality in the health and social care sector through accreditation. The last but not least facet of the seminar spoke to participants on how standards act as a common language among people, machines, parts, products, and more.
The seminar aimed to celebrate World Metrology Day, World Accreditation Day and World Standards Day by raising awareness of their importance in daily life, and how they collectively contribute to the global flow of goods and services, ideas and innovation.
Topics of the seminar include:
- Measurements and Light and Health Care. What Does It Mean for You?
- Accreditation: Supporting the Delivery of Health and Social Care
- Standards – the World's Common Language
- HKAS Supports the Delivery of Credible Health and Social Care in Hong Kong
- Metrology in Chemistry and Its Scientific Support to Local Testing Community
- Light – Its Significant Roles in Science, Technology and Everyday Life
- The Role of Hong Kong College of Pathologists in Medical Laboratory Accreditation