Skip to main content


There are other organisations which have developed various professional schemes to enhance professionalism and capability of testing and certification practitioners.

HKIE Materials Engineers

Materials engineers offer necessary support to manufacturers, suppliers, construction companies and construction materials laboratories, etc. by ensuring quality and safety of construction materials and works. Applicants holding a materials-related engineering degree accredited/recognised by Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) (or a degree in building, civil, chemical, environmental or structural engineering disciplines with two subjects in construction engineering materials), as well as possessing sufficient relevant working experience, may apply for the HKIE membership under its Materials Division. Details may be obtained at HKIE’s website.

Professional Certification Scheme for Testing Personnel

Developed by the Hong Kong Association of Testing, Inspection and Certification (HKTIC) with a sponsorship from Government's SME Development Fund, this scheme is a comprehensive scheme which provides certification of individuals seeking to demonstrate their knowledge and/or competence in their field of testing.

Currently the scope of certification in the scheme covers Chemical Testing; Construction Materials Testing; Electrical Products Testing; Microbiological Testing; Textiles and Garments Testing; Toys and Hardlines Testing; Food Testing; Environmental Testing; Quality Assurance as well as Calibration. Full details may be obtained at its relevant webpage.

Certified QMS Auditors

The Hong Kong Institution of Certified Auditors (HKICA) is operating the Certification Scheme for Quality Management System Auditor (CSQMSA) based on the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 "Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons". The scheme has been accredited by China National Accreditation Service (CNAS). Under relevant agreements, Hong Kong Certified QMS Auditors can apply to China Certification and Accreditation Association (CCAA) and International Personnel Certification Association (IPC) to register as Auditors. Details on the scheme can be obtained at its website.